Our Backpacking 101 course is geared towards those who want to experience the thrill of backpacking on an overnight trip or an extended trip but aren't sure where to start or need a refresher. We will educate and guide you in all areas to help you begin your adventures. You will spend one night in the great outdoors learning all the backpacking basics.
*If you're purchasing more than one ticket, you'll need to go through the booking process for each individual. This is so we can prepare for each of our guest's medical and safety needs prior to the adventure.
We'll be covering:
- Importance of an Itinerary
- Trail Ratings
- Trail Alerts / Conditions
- Permit System
- Weather Conditions & How to Protect Yourself
- Water Sources & Purification
- Food & Storage
- Setting Up Camp - Sleeping Quarters, Kitchen, Bathroom
- Cooking & Cleaning in the Backcountry
- Personal Hygiene
- Leave No Trace
- First Aid / First Aid Kits
- Trail Blazes
- How & What to Pack
- ALL meals included
Gear to Bring
All gear and supplies needed are included except for what is on the gear list below.
- Day Pack
- Clothing (Additional layers in colder months)
- Durable Shoes
- Water Bottle (water will be available for refill)
- Notebook and Pen
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Knife (Fixed and/or Folding Blade)
- Camp Pillow
DIRECTIONS TO THE CATAULA GEORGIA CAMPSITE
Directions will be emailed to you upon registration. If you have any questions please contact us directly.
We have lodging available for out of town guest. If you need to come a day early, we offer lodging and breakfast for $55.00 per day. Please contact us if you need lodging or additional assistance.