Backcountry Camp Out
Join us at Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park. We will hike about 1.7 miles on the Chestnut Oak Trail to the Little Bridges Campsite. Tents will be set up and waiting for you, all you have to bring is a sleeping bag and mat. We will grill hot dogs, bratwurst, and corn on the cob for dinner.
After dinner, we will relax around the campfire and enjoy some roasted marshmallows. After great conversations and lots of laughs, you can crawl into your cozy tent. In the morning we will enjoy breakfast and hot coffee, then we will hike back to your vehicles.
What You Get:
- Guided Hike
- One night stay at the backcountry campsite
- Marshmallows for roasting
- Tents set up (each tent comfortably sleeps three)
- JetBoil (boil water for your coffee/hot chocolate/tea)
What To Bring:
- Sleeping bag and mat
- Camp shoes
- Lightweight coffee cup
- coffee packets/hot chocolate/tea
- Breakfast (oatmeal packets, breakfast bars, etc.)
We will meet at the parking lot across the street from the Callaway Country Store.